Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cheerleader?

Well after a few more attempts at running i've had the same results. Basically my knee shuts down after 2 miles. This past weekend I was visiting my dad and went to Strathmere beach by myself. I decided to try to run to Ocean City and back, what I believed to be 1-1.5 miles each way, not that i actually looked at a map. Well it was more like 2.25 miles there. It was about 90+ degrees, humid, and i was running with no water. I got about 2 miles when my knee started hurting again, but had to keep going because i needed get off the highway and reach water. I found an ice cream truck and had myself a delicious deer park. Then i called the old man to come pick me up in ocean city and take me back to strathmere because my knee wasn't taking me anywhere... lame. so things are no better on this front. i've tried a few other times between the last blog post and now, all with the same results. Its not looking very promising for the marathon, especially since i'm supposed to really start training this monday. we'll see. if it doesn't work out i fully intend to cheer bridget on from the sidelines and hope that i can get the knee situation figured out and train for a spring marathon. Tomorrow i'll give another shot at running, but am not very optimistic, considering my knee is sore just sitting here watching tv. what am i a 50 year old man? jamie moyer is still pitching in the bigs at like 93 years old and i can't even run more than 2 miles without my knee falling apart. something isn't right. anyway if i can't do it i'm going to be bridget's biggest cheerleader and make sure she gets across the finish line. in the mean time i'm going to have to find something else to fill my time. i think i'll start brewing some beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment