Monday, August 3, 2009

off and running...

ok.....so today marks the OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL start of my training program! woo-hoo!

but first, i just read dave's previous post....and am really sad to not have someone to train with, i was especially looking forward to having him there for the longer 15+ mile runs :( its going to be a long lonely road of loneliness.

BUT.....whether he likes it or not, his new job is to be along the sidelines, somewhere near manayunk, between the 20-26 mile mark....with a delicious beer for me to snag a sip of, haha. thats all i really want in life. someone to hand me beer. just kidding.....sort of....

i'm excited to have a cheerleader, but i'm really saddened he cant be running along side of me. i'm hoping he gets to the doctor, gets healed up, and can sign up for the half marathon, so at least he'll be there for the first 13! my mom had planned to run the half with me, but she just found out she has a stress fracture, and isnt allowed to run. everyone's dropping like flies!

so, godspeed to my mom and dave. hurry and get better so i can have my running buddies back!

also, it still looks like i'll need surgery to have this lump removed sometime soon....i'm hoping the recovery period doesnt set me back on my training, aka i hope its sooner rather than later. i'll keep you posted on that one too...


but on to happy news- I ran 4 miles this morning (ok, i had to do two 2-mile runs because of a dr's appointment) at a 10:15 pace! which....is a FAR cry better than my typical 12-minute mile runs! it felt great! anyone who's run with me before can atest to the fact thats really fast for me, haha. my knee is a little achey, but i'm hoping new sneakers on wednesday can cure that right up, i've been stretching and icing anyways.

i'm going to do 6 miles tomorrow, and excited to dive into training full force.


also.....ive started daydreaming about the tattoo i want to get once i finish a marathon......i'll post a few options once i have a chance to sketch them out :)

happy running!

1 comment: