Tuesday, August 18, 2009

movin along...

ok, week three update.....well, its sort of like week two. last week i didnt get in the mileage i shouldve, and was at the shore for the weekend, so i didnt get my long run in either. boo.

BUT, on saturday, it was Back On My Feet's annual Beach Day, at wildwood, so i met everyone there bright and early, and we ran 3.5 miles on the boardwalk, which was an awesome experience. i'm so grateful i was able to get over there, run, splash in the ocean with the guys (many of whom had never really been in the ocean before!!) then head back to ocean city. but....now i need to kick it in to gear and really stick to my schedule this week.

last night i ran a very very hot 3 miles after work. yuck, running in the evening in this heat SUCKS.

so, i told myself i HAD to wake up and run my 6 miler this morning. i've tried, and failed, many many times to wake up and run by myself on non-Back On My Feet mornings.

and i did!! i ran 6 miles this morning, it was a bit slower paced than i had hoped, but it was still hot, even at 6am. and it said to make it a "hilly" 6 miles, so i ran up some of the crazy steep ramps at the art museum, and the market street ramp off the path, hehe. i'm paying for it now, i'm a little stiff and sore sitting at my desk, but i'll stretch out later again.

now to run another 5 tomorrow, 5 friday, and 12 on saturday....meep!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of you, when i get up at 6am to run it's only to the bathroom, so to be you i would have to run to the bathroom like a million times. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time you want to run together, let me know! We are training for the same race, u know? I think Saturday will be another 12 for me as well :)

    ReplyDelete