Tuesday, August 11, 2009

hot, muggy, with a chance of frustration



so, week two is off to a much rockier start than week 1. mostly because its about 1000 degrees out, with 100% humidity, and its making it VERY hard to be inspired to go out and run 6 miles. yesterday I was supposed to run 4 miles, but it was too darn hot, so I went to the gym, thinking, "oh, i'll just do it on a treadmill instead" but i forgot one important thing....


I HATE treadmills!


i managed to run 2.5 miles before wanting to kill myself, at a pace of.....13:00 miles!! haha. thats the real reason i hate treadmills, if i go any faster than 12:30, i feel like i'm going to fly off and crash into some unsuspecting treadmill behind me. worst.


i'm a little frustrated because i need to either a) learn to love treadmills, because i have at least another month of awful hotness and mugginess. b) deal with the heat and humidity and get out there and run. c) learn to wake up crazy early every day and get my runs in. luckily my 5:30am runs with Back On My Feet will be a good chance to get some of the early morning miles in, i just have to make sure and go 3 times a week now!


Another thing frustrating me to no end, is the fact that I'm not losing weight like I want to be. I'm tracking every single calorie that I eat, and even the exercise calories that i'm "earning" so that I don't eat too little. what am i doing wrong?? no matter what, i stay the same weight. which, i guess is good, but its frustrating. i almost want to go to a nutritionist and figure out what i am doing wrong! i'm packing all my lunches, cooking healthy things, i just dont get it. its infuriating.

and to top things off, my friend sent me this article today-
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914857,00.html

so apparently exercising can actually make it HARDER to lose weight? Great. Just Great.


so, for now, i'm going to keep eating snickers (dont worry, i'm tracking the calories!) and i'm going to attempt to run 6 miles outside tonite, if all else fails i can do 2 on the treadmill of torture.


-Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment