Thursday, August 20, 2009

on the road again....

first, i wonder how long before i run out of "witty" (using that term loosely) titles for posts about running. probably soon. i'll apologize in advance for their lame-ness.


anyways....i had a good 5 mile run this morning.........that I think was actually 6, because i cant do math? my iphone running app reset itself, and i think i did the math wrong, and ran 5.8 accidentally. oh well! i iced my knees at work. i mustve felt really cool with a plastic bag of ice rubberbanded over my work pants, haha. god i'm nerdy.

i sent out a mass email to friends today (if i had their email addresses, so don't feel left out!), for playlist requests, i'm excited to get some new tunes to run with. you know the playlist is old when Mariah Carey's All i want for CHRISTMAS is on there. sheesh.


here are some things i've been pondering to distract myself from the fact that 26.2 miles is terrifying me right now:

1) the post-marathon commemorative tiny tattoo i want to get somewhere.
2) the frame and how i'm going to display my medal, bib number, photo, etc. will be a fun little graphics project to make my own layout for the backdrop in the frame.
3) what outfit or fun things i want to wear. some options include, shiny silver spandex pants, a ballerina tutu, and most likely a Back On My Feet shirt that all my team members have signed, as inspiration :)

thats all for now.....up next, 5 miler tomorrow.......12 MILES on saturday! meep! thats practically a half marathon! am i ready for this? stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment