Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Off and Running!

So I'm on day two of "official" marathon training......logged a 4 mile run yesterday, and a 6 mile run today.........this stuff is a piece of cake.

and speaking of cake, i'm going to go eat some for my friend Dani's birthday.


also, i'd like to add that this is the conversation which spawned the birth of this blog:

me: i just had a snickers, and a giant cookie, as part of my training, haha
Dave: i'm eating a giant italian hoagie thats not helping
me: i feel like we should document our training, how funny would it be to look back and be like, "during marathon training, i drank 415 beers, and consumed 75 snickers bars, 25 hot wings"
and then write a book about it haha
Dave: i think the beer drinking is really gonna be hard to cut off
me: oooo yea
Dave: well, reduce anyway
me: yea, mostly just the nites before 18 mile runs
Dave: yeah very true that could end bad
me: well, we'd prob just end up vomiting, passed out in fairmount park or something
Dave: eh there are worse things
me: true odds are good i'd wind up doing that at some point in the next few months anyways marathon or not
Dave: hahaha good point thats a pretty typical weekend
as long as we end up in a nice part of fairmount park and not like the middle of mantua
me: haha exactly. New Rule: any long runs the day after drinking should be routed through nice areas of the city, in the event that a coma occurs.
Dave: naturally
me: hmmm, this gives me an idea. i might start a blog about this training, haha.
Dave: oh thats actually not a bad idea


and there you have it! Stumblin' to the Finish was born!


Lesson of the day: Dont wear high-heels all day before a long run. my toes are killing me.
Snack of the day: Snicker, and a 4th Street Deli giant chocolate chip cookie. snacks of champions.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I think you just inspired to sign up for the Philly Marathon and run half...I was thinking about it, but I’ve been a wuse and haven't actually signed up. Here's to Marathon Training! By the way - love this blog!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete