Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stupid swine flu

So I'm an emotional mess today....I just got diagnosed with freaking SWINE FLU! How does this happen three weeks before the marathon?? I'm crying as I write this, I'm in so much pain and I've come so far, too far not to be able to run it because of this. To top it off, the world series concludes in a few days, and I've had so much fun watching the games with my friends and now I'm quaranteeed for what could be a crazy exciting few days. I definitely won't be able to go to broad street like this.

To top it off, I've been around my friends a ton the past few days, and I'm feeling so guilty about having possibly passed this misery along to any of them. Like I didn't already feel crappy enough.

My doctor said no running this week, and since I skipped last weekend I'm going to be even father behind, and weakened. What am I going to do????

Ugh, I hope I can recover quickly and still do the marathon but right now I'm pretty worried. Also, work isn't going to be happy, I'm too contageous to go in to the office and we're swamped right now. I feel like I'm letting everyone around me down.

Sigh. And I keep coughing from crying, which makes me cry even more, then cough even more. Help!! :-/

1 comment:

  1. Aww Bridget...I hope you are feeling better now. Everything will be alright, and you will complete this marathon. I know it. Try not to stress, it will make the healing process slow down. Just sleep and stop worrying about letting everyone down. You arent. You need to not let yourself down, forget about everyone else. I love you girlie, and you will be great in the marathon. just for right now, focus on getting 100% better...before running. K?

    ReplyDelete