Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the fun stuff

so, i've decided that instead of freaking out about how i'm supposed to run 26.2 miles after having the flu........i'm going to think about the fun things momentarily! what do i mean by this?

a) my outfit for race day. kat, diane, and i are going to have a tshirt decorating party this weekend, i'm excited to try out the ideas i have. of course, it will have my name in giant letters so that strangers will cheer for me. i'll post photos later so that people can look for me. still debating hat vs. no hat, and if i should go for the silver pants or not. TBD.

b) post-race partying. starting to plan where I would like to feast after the race, with family and friends......which is exciting to think about- life AFTER the marathon!

c) tattoo!! started sketching out some designs, and i think i want it on my ankle, maybe the inside. or maybe on my left food, not sure yet. I don't have much money for it, so i've got to keep it small, but after the madness of this journey, i definitely want to commemorate it.

d) thank-yous for my sponsors. since I decided to fundraise for Back On My Feet, I'd like to make postcards to send to those who have sponsored me, as a thank you, hopefully with some photos from before/after the race. i always love a fun photoshop project (as most of you know).

e) hair!! i promised myself i'd get a hair cut and maybe change the color after the race, since i won't be brutally assaulting my hair by running for hours in the rain every weekend. i cant WAIT, and oh man, i really need it. bad.


yay!

note, none of things have anything to do with actually RUNNING. i'm trying to forget about that part :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! I was thinking of changing my hair color too!!!!!! hahah. how funny! which reminds me, I need to call Meg!

    ReplyDelete