Friday, November 13, 2009

The Final Countdown....

8 days to go.....

I have been at the gym all week, using the elliptical and treadmill for about 40 minutes each time.......and I gotta say, i'm pretty nervous. I've been coughing a TON, especially when working out, and my lungs feel like theyre shrunken in half. I'm getting a little nervous about my lung capacity getting me through this race. My muscles feel totally fine, I'm not too worried about them....but...breathing is SLIGHTLY important for running 4.5 hours.

I finally ran with Back On My Feet this morning for the first time in weeks, and, overall it felt great. The first two blocks, I had to stop and have a coughing attack, almost to the point where I was going to puke, and I thought, "well I am f*cked.....".....but I pushed through and focused on my breathing and ran 3 miles total! (a small drop in the bucket compared to 26.2, but still a big step for me not having run in 2 weeks).

I'm going to keep up with my inhaler, focus on deep breathing all week....maybe call my doctor....and see how my 10 mile run goes tomorrow. Ive come too far NOT to do this!!

stay tuned for more marathon race-day info!

No comments:

Post a Comment