Thursday, September 10, 2009

yikes....

Last night, I had to get in an 8 mile run....and didnt get to leave work until 6:30. So I knew I had a long run ahead of me....and the rain was looming.

I found a little pouch made of crypton, from a fabric rep, that I was going to use to attempt to protect my iphone, and I set off running.

First of all, a long sleeved tshirt was a HORRIBLE choice, it was a weird combination of mugginess and cool and rainy, and humid. But it was too hot with the long sleeves. And second, my legs felt like lead weights. I couldnt get any sort of "speed" (which, again, is way slower than normal people), and one mile in I didnt see any way i'd make it through 8 miles. Also, my stomach had been bugging me all day (which is why I missed my morning BOMF run).

Anyways, 3 or so miles in, I realize...it is DEFINITELY going to be dark out for the better half of my run. And I'm running along kelly drive, alone.....and there's been so many rapes/attacks lately. So naturally, I spent most of my run scaring myself that someone was going to jump out of every single bush or corner. I was very jumpy, and just imagining the worst.

So much for a relaxing run, right?

And then it got worse....my stomach was KILLING me, and I knew I'd never make it back, 3 more miles to go, without a bathroom break. All I could think of was the picture that Dave posted awhile back, haha. It was dark, I was running a variety of options through my head........and finally, with one mile to go to Lloyd Hall (and bathrooms), a magical port-a-potty appeared. BUT.......it was scary, and dark, and i just saw shadows of giant spiders. It was awful....but it saved me life. And then I sprinted the last mile and a half home, because I was over it. I was over running, and just wanted to be home.

So I went to the grocery store, and made meatballs, and a bunch of healthy stuff....I'm determined to lose weight during this marathon training if it kills me!! And it just might!

So far today I had:
a screwed up smoothie (ice wouldnt crush, so it was like, strawberry soup)
4 mushrooms
1 roma tomato (my obsession)
healthy homemade meatballs, with some marinara, on a wheat bun.

sheesh......i just want to bury my head in a pizza and snickers feast. hehe.

Running 6 tonite, 6 tomorrow, 5k race saturday (plus 3), and biking 30 miles sunday. yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment