Tuesday, September 29, 2009

toe update!

i know, i know, you're all on the edge of your seats about the status of my sore toe....

so I mangled my toe this weekend with all my fabulous running.....and I haven't been able to wear shoes since Sunday, haha. I sported flip flops at work yesterday so that I could wear this giant rubber toe protector. Today its finally feeling better, still sore if i touch the top of the nail, but way better. It seems that the nail has separated from the nail bed, and there's a callous underneath it (ew, right?). according to lots of running websites, this is really common, and my nail might eventually fall off, which, apparently will make it feel way better.

i cant believe i'm actually HOPING for my toenail to fall off. running has made me into a weirdo.

in a related story- i tried to find a funny picture of a toe to post, but apparently, googling "cartoon toe" or "funny toe" doesnt come up with anything very good. so, note to self, make some cartoon toes and throw them out on the internet.

ok, now i'm losing it. going to try to run 3 after work and see how it goes!!

1 comment:

  1. good luck....dont overdo it though! Glad you figured out what is wrong with it though.

    ReplyDelete