Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend warrior

I had a great weekend of running!

Saturday, Kat, Diane, and I set out on a 14 mile run....along Kelly drive and through fairmount/forbidden drive. The weather was beautiful and crisp, a perfect fall day for sure. And Diane had cut up oranges for us as a snack- training is all about trying out what works and what first right? They were sooo refreshing and delicious when we cracked them open around mile 7ish....way better than those chemical filled goo packs!
So I biked home from our run (ugh it's like triathalon training when you don't have a car!) and then my bff matt called to say he'd be picking me up in 20 minutes for Oktoberfest at Brauhaus on south street. Sigh....no rest for the weary :-/ but there were German beers to be drank!
All I wanted was a nap but instead I found myself eating bratwurst and drinking giant mugs of beer! It was fun, but then I was off to meet my family for dinner! Soo tired! I don't think I've ever NOT taken a nap after a long run haha.

And to top it off, this morning was the Parkway run, a 5k for childrens hospital, with bff, grace, Dana, Lauren, Peter and the rest of the sig team. I had no idea how it'd go, how sore I'd be. But- Lauren and matt pushed me along...and then I got a burst of energy towards the end when I thought I'd finish in less than 30 minutes. I finished in 30:11!! That's one of my best times in....well....as long as I can remember. I've always finished 5ks in like 32-34! I was excited!

Then I had to run to the train to go babysit, play with kids all day, and now I'm completely zombified :)

also- my toe is KILLING me!! I keep hearing that you can lose nails from running, eek! I have a feeling it's comin soon! I hope I can run with the pain :-/

1 comment:

  1. Lots of running this weekend. I am feeling the 14 miler. I havent been able to get enough energy to get back out yet. I dont know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete