Saturday, October 17, 2009

Suck on that, Nor'easter!

Well it was awful, horrible, miserable, cold, rainy.......but we did it! We ran 20 freakin miles!!!! I actually ran 21, I jogged a mile to meet up with the BOMF family, and the Drexel crew teams, at 6am at city hall. The rain had slowed down, so we set off happily down the parkway. By about mile 3, the rain picked up, and it is colder than it's been since early spring. Ughh. I was running with Kat, Diane, Billy & Fred (2 of the homeless guys training for the marathon too!), Leigh Ann, Sera...and up ahead were more friends and BOMF people.
It was pretty miserable, but there is absolutely no way in this world I couldve done it without them. We turned around at Green Lane in manayunk, I can't believe we ran that far!! I'm going out in manayunk tonite and I'm taking a train there haha I can't believe just this morning we ran there! Not again, thank you very much :)
most of the run it was just me, Kat, and Diane....we had to do 2 more than everyone else too, so we stretched out part of the loop in the city...and watched kats Nike+ to see as we approached 20, then we all started hugging and cheering on broad and lombard! People waiting for the bus were giving us some crazzzy looks!

We did it!! Diane thankfully drove me home, and I ran to 7-11 for a donut and some soda, yummm. Then, the warmest shower of my life, and to ensconce myself in fleece clothing, and curl into bed.
Just woke up from a 4 hour nap, good lord I'm stiff (that's what she said), but I don't feel too horrible yet. And I'm so glad my knee held up! It was definitely hurting most of the way, but it was like the muscle was pushing on the bruising from the inside, so I knew I could push through it.

I am actually excited to get back to running this week, oddly enough. Last week I was burnt out and angry about my knee...now I feel like I can do anything! Including run another 6.2 in 6 weeks ;)

1 comment:

  1. It certainly was miserable. but the feeling after is nothing you can describe!

    ReplyDelete